2005-07-19

Only Took Me 15 Years...........


After 15 years, I finally did it...

I have always wanted a tatoo. The problem was that I could not decide on one design long enough or with enough zeal to decide to permanently put it on my body! So, I continued to look and think and look and.....you get the idea.
Well, looking through a book of Mucha's artwork (turn of century art-nouveau illustrator) I happened upon a page of some illustrations he did for practice. Within that page, there was one thing that stood out among all of the other fantastic artwork.....a design that I immediately knew was what I wanted as my tatoo. It's often referred to as as "oubolos" or something of the like and it has historical references to the beginnings of time. Every civilization has had one form or another of it and its meaning is one of a timeless nature. It means eternity, kind of a yin and yang thing, a lot of meanings! And I know I spelled the name of it wrong.....have to check w/Paul since he's the expert on it!
So, I posted it here so all can see the top of my butt! I also hope my mom isn't reading my blogs! Well, honestly, I'm 32 and what's she going to say....take it off? It's here for all of you who were dying to see what it looked like since those who know me know I'm kind of picky about this stuff! Enjoy!
{{blogged @ work}}

1 comment:

Shumpy said...

w00t!!

First comment on the new site. I likes it.