2007-02-05

Monday

It is Monday again and that means back to work. The weekend went entirely too fast! Petunia the pig did, however, get her new home built in the backyard so we have our porch back once again. That is after the hazmat team disinfects it so we can enjoy our fish and turtles, get the hot tub working, etc. I do admit that I miss having her on the other side of the door, but she (Petunia) was becoming the Houdini of getting out of confined spaces like the porch with a locked door! So, it was time. C did an incredible job of designing and putting together Petunia's new pig penthouse and we hope that she likes it and feels comfortable there. She's so young and it is hard to remember that because she is so smart!
So, when we go check on her before work we can see how she did last night. She was very happy to get her blanket that her Dad brought her. It was a tad chilly last night and we didn't want her to feel like she was banished to the outdoors without any of her things. As soon as the blanket was down on the ground, Petunia was right on top of it and she was making her happy sounds.
Next is the iguana showcase! We finally have all the materials to make it and I think that Iggy, Lola, and Sassy will be much happier in there once it is finished. I know that Iggy will be happy to have his ladies back as he has been in "quarantine" because he has a little to learn in the romancing department! This usually results in him getting bit by the females and looking like he was on the losing end of a bar fight! Poor Iggy! He is such a great iguana. I will post some more pictures of him as well as his ladies on here so you can see what I am talking about. We also have to build a large iguana holding area in the back yard because we will be getting more iguanas, however they are not as domesticated as the three we have roaming around the house at any given time. It definitely is funny when someone comes to visit our home for the first time and they see a 5' red iguana (Iggy) sitting next to the entertainment center sleeping. Usually the first words out of the person's mouth are, "Is that thing real?". Yes, he is real, no he does not bite unless you smell like fruit, and we are not in the habit of keeping dead reptiles around the house! Yuck!
C works so hard and then has to come home to build more animal areas for our ever-growing zoo. It is certainly not easy and I try to help as much as possible but some things I am just not able to do! I do try to keep them clean, keep their homes clean, mediate any incidents that may occur, keep them happy and fed, the usual things a Mom does for her kids! That's how we view every one of our animals! They are great! Only a few are being fostered for the HSTC and that is because they cannot be kept in their regular facility because of temperature, amount of care, etc.
OK, going back to sleep! I just got up for a drink because I was coughing so much. I am trying the patch for my quitting smoking and it seems to be better than the lozenges........for me at least. Although I still feel like I can't quite shake this virus or whatever it is!! I do have to say that I have not had one craving for a ciggie since I put the patch on which was somewhere around 5 pm last night. And especially this morning, I thought I would crave one but I can't breathe as it is so I don't think that is conducive to craving a cigarette! C is doing awesome as well as far as not smoking around me and being VERY supportive! I know that I can't do this without him. My biggest thing is that I will gain weight and that scares the s*&t out of me! I'm sure C would agree with me! Nothing worse than envisioning your bride walking down the aisle (or dock in our case) and she's 20 lbs. heavier than she was before. So, I'm trying to keep track of what I eat and keep active.......which would be easier if I can get over this flu or whatever it is.

No comments: